Meet Ollie Owl

By using this Website you agree to our use of web cookies as defined by our Privacy Policy

TaxClever © All Rights Reserved 2013-2020

Did You


Tax Returns
VAT Returns
Key Dates
Useful Forms

Practice No.


Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Crest

Tax Returns

You are self-employed as a sole trader or in partnership (full time or part time)

You are an employee and need to claim expenses or reliefs above £3,000, such as travel expenses, professional fees or relief on Venture Capital Trusts or Enterprise Investment Scheme relief

Your income is over £50,000 and you or your partner receive Child Benefit – New High Income Child Benefit tax charge

o your income is over £50,000 a year and

o you live with a partner and your income is higher than theirs and

o you or your partner are entitled to receive Child Benefit, (or get an equivalent amount from someone who claims Child Benefit for a child who lives with you) and

o you jointly decide to keep receiving Child Benefit and pay the new tax charge

You are an employee or pensioner and pay tax under PAYE but also have income from savings, investment or property above the following limits:  (one or more need apply)

o £10,000 or more from taxed savings and investments

o £3,000 or more from untaxed savings and investments

o Any income from property

You are an employee or pensioner and don’t pay tax through PAYE: (all the following must apply)

o you have income to declare such as from savings, trusts or abroad, rental income from land or property and

o your total income exceeds your total allowances and reliefs and

o you have tax to pay on this income

Who needs to complete a Self Assessment tax return ?

There are many reasons why you may need to complete a Self Assessment tax return and the main ones are listed below:

more reasons to complete a Self Assessment Tax Return